PROF. DR. MOHAMED SHAFIK
PROFESSOR OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
University of Alexandria, Egypt
- Prof. Mohamed Shafik is a Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Alexandria, Egypt and serves concurrently as a Cornea and Refractive Surgery Consultant at the Alexandria University Hospital in Egypt.
- Masters degree of Ophthalmology (University of Alex) and Doctorate degree in Ophthalmology (University of Complutense Madrid, Spain), Fellow of Instituto Ramon Castroviejo, Madrid.
- Founder and director of Horus Vision Correction Center, Alexandria and three other leading refractive centers in Egypt and Middle East.
- TFOS (Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society) Global Ambassador.
- Member of Many International Refractive Societies and Founder member of many Refractive Societies in Egypt and Middle East.
- Board member of the Egyptian Society of Ocular Implants and Refractive Surgery (ESOIRS), the Egyptian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (EgSCRS) & the Egyptian Refractive Club (ERC).
- Member of Reviewers board of many of the leading Refractive Surgery Peer reviewed journals.
- Winner of many honors and awards from the Egyptian and regional Societies of Refractive Surgery.
- International Global Advisory Board Member of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today (CRSTE).
- Author of more than 60 Original Articles and Book Chapters in the Field of Refractive Surgery.