Dr. Tarek Katamish is a Professor of Ophthalmology at Cairo University and was previously its department head. He organizes DMEK workshops at the University and also delivers lectures at them.
- M. Sc. & M.D. degree in Ophthalmology, Cairo University in 1986 & 1992.
- Professor of Ophthalmology, Cairo University since 2003.
- Former HEAD of Ophthalmology Department - Cairo University.
- Head of Cornea and Refractive Surgery Department, Al-Nour Eye Hospital, Cairo.
- Member of the Ophthalmological Society of Egypt as well as ESCRS & ASCRS.
- Subspecialty: Corneal & Cataract Surgery focusing on LAMELLAR CORNEAL SURGERY (DALK & DMEK).
- Invited lecturer and guest speaker in the field of Lamellar Corneal Surgery in a lot of international meetings: Eucornea, Keracon, ACS, SICSSO, RSO symposium and others.
- Organizer and Lecturer of DMEK Workshops in Cairo University.